Found in South Asia, Pakistan is the sixth most populous country in the world with over 200 million residents at current estimates. Many people are surprised to find that Pakistan’s population is as large as it actually is. The capital of the country is Islamabad.
Interestingly, there are more than sixty languages spoken in Pakistan including many regional dialects. The two official languages are Urdu and English.
- Pakistan is officially known as “Islamic Republic of Pakistan.”
- The area that makes up Pakistan is the land that is referred to as “the Cradle of Civilization.”
- There is a place in Pakistan called Lalazar that claims to be the most beautiful place on earth.
- 97% of Pakistan’s population is Muslim.The Shah Faisal Mosque in Islamabad is the largest mosque in the world and can accommodate almost 100,000 worshipers.
- About 80 percent of the world’s football (soccer) balls are made in Pakistan.
- The Kalasha are a Dardic indigenous group in Pakistan who are one of the world’s most mysterious groups. Even though they are completely enveloped by Islamic regions, the Kalasha tribe is the last tribe in Pakistan that has retained its pre-Islamic religious system.
- Hundreds of trees and plants flourish in the country. In addition, there are over 665 bird species found in the country, making it a bird watcher’s dream.
- Gas and oil are two of Pakistan’s biggest exports. However, general agriculture provides the highest impact on the country’s economy.
- Media is highly important to the people of Pakistan. Television dramas, rock music and other forms of media are not only enjoyed within the country but throughout South Asia.